We recently completed the refurbishing of a centrifugal pump in an inner city high rise building.
The pump is part of the air conditioning system, situated int he Plant Room.
The centrifugal pump had a leaking mechanical seal. We replaced the mechanical seal and bearings which brought the pump back to good working order.
Here at Better Engineering, we respond quickly to breakdown, because we know that your business can’t afford downtime.
The Better Group includes “Better Pumps” http://www.betterpumps.com.au
Speak to Peter Wallace or Grant Brecknell for your pump enquiries. If you are unsure about the best course of action with a pump that is giving you trouble, talk to Peter or Grant.
Who is Better Pumps?
Better Pumps has been servicing the South-East Queensland market under the same ownership for over 25 years.
It specialised in steel fabrication and welding, taking projects right through from drawings and design, to installation on site. Work is carried out in their Geebung factory or on-site, depending on the requirements of the project.
The benefits of having Better Pumps on board include
– Director or senior technician involvement at every step.
– massive bank of industry experience to call on
– acute awareness of project deadlines and budgets.
We weld using the following methods
- MIG – used in the workshop as the most cost effective fabrication method for mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium components.
- TIG – used with lighter gauge stainless steel and aluminium fabrications but can also be needed for welding aluminium castings, etc.
- Electrode – used for welding situations where the area to be welded can’t be easily cleaned or for site welding where wind conditions can make MIG and TIG welding impractical. Also used for welding the likes of cast iron.
- Silver Solder – commonly used for brass fittings, copper tube, etc and is also useful for joining dissimilar metals such as brass to stainless steel.